Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sanukiya Udon Katsuo 讃岐屋うどん

Bought some Sanukiya Udon this time. It was on sale for 2 bucks. More than last time, but oh well.


So this is Shirakiku Brand again. Last time, I tried their somen. There's Katsuo on the lable. I guess that's the flavor? Let's see what's inside.










There's the noticeably thicker udon noodles. The brownish liquid pack there is the soup base this time, rather than the usual powder. Also include are dried flakes and bonito.









Here's what was in the dried flakes pack.

The instructions were a bit different this time. It said to put the noodles and the liquid base into the bowl. Add hot water and microwave for 3 minutes. The flakes and bonito were to be added as the last step.

When I put the udon noodles into the bowl, it retained the shape that it had while in the package. So, unfortunately, I had to break it up so that it would fit under the water line.


Well, this tasted pretty good. The noodles were smooth. I think I found one or two pieces of naruto that I didn't notice before. But the serving size is depressingly lacking, especially when compared to the size of the bowl. It's like buying a bag of chips and having it only 33% full.

No comments:

Post a Comment