Monday, December 5, 2011

Samurai Noodle

So this is a little different. I went to ramen restaurant. It's the Samurai Noodle located at 606 5th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104. It's a small restaurant. I think they had 10 tables max and each table could sit 2 people. It's not something I disliked.

On to the more important part. I went with two others. One ordered Miso Ramen, it was 8.25. I and another ordered the Shouyu-Tonkotsu (although they spelled it Shouryu on their menu). They ran out of black mushrooms. We were asked what we wanted as replacement. I went with extra green onion. She went with corn. We also got water.

We went to our seats and waited. We got the water and I noticed that the water had an oily film on top. Guess the cups weren't very clean. So I didn't drink the water. Our orders came shortly after, so the wait time wasn't bad.

The broth tasted slightly bitter. I'm not sure it was supposed to be that way. The noodles were more al dente then I expected. They were also clumped together and it wasn't very long. The only other complement to the ramen noodles were the slice of pork and the green onions (in my case).

When people left they said "Thank you." Likewise, when I left, I heard this and it is appreciated. I left first though, to get the car. The others left a tip in the tip jar instead of the table, which I thought was pretty senseless. Now we're out the tip and look like jerks. But either way, based on the meal alone, I probably won't be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment