Sunday, February 13, 2011

金粉 Kamfen

First up, we have some Kamfen ramen. This package came refrigerated, so the noodles were not dry and crisp to begin with. There were two packs: a soup base, the other pack seemed like miso. The instructions called for boiling the noodles only about a minute. So really it's even more instant than most instant ramen. I didn't add any extras. Only what came with the package was put in the pot.
As for the taste, it wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. The flavor was supposed to be scallop soup. I didn't get that. There was a slight sourness to it, not in a bad way though. It tasted tomato-ish to me. The texture of the noodles were ok. Might have boiled over a suggested time causing the noodles to be a bit softer.



I later noticed  the BB date was 2010.09.01. I wonder if that affected the taste... I'm not sick though..

No comments:

Post a Comment